Saturday, March 20, 2010

I know where I'm going...

It's been a full, yet relatively easy day of processing. Started off by meeting all the other ITT people - 21 of 'em. Paperwork ensued, then some random Army processing which is still a mystery. After lunch we had to do some Computer Based Training (watching Powerpoints on our own) Unfortunately, there were over a hundred contractors in a big room, but only five operating computers. We huddled around the monitors like it was an old Victorla radio, and one person advanced the slides. We managed to finish about 3 1/2 hours of material in about 20 minutes. :) It's all about efficiency.

We all also learned what our duty stations will be. Everyone is going somewhere in either Iraq or Afghanistan. I'm one of the lucky ones that will get to see both countries.

I feel so blessed.

Anyway, my current, final destination is Camp Taji, Iraq. It's about 17 miles northwest of Baghdad. If you're interested in learning about the place, try this link: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iraq/al-taji.htm

After completing our day a little early, I headed over the main PX (Post Exchange) at Ft. Benning. What a place. More like a little mall. Great food court, shops, services, and a store that rivals the size of a Walmart Supercenter.

I only bought one thing - sand goggles. Figured I might need 'em...

No comments:

Post a Comment