Friday, March 18, 2011

Apathy Reigns...

I'm down to 11 days left in Taji. Hard to believe, isn't it? I've been over here for darn near a year.

I left Springfield one year ago tomorrow. A week in Ft. Benning, a long flight across The Pond, four days in Kuwait, three days in Baghdad, and finally here on April 1st, 2010.

There's so much left to do. Oh, I mailed four boxes home today, and have the final packing pretty much planned out, but I've let my blog fall by the wayside.

I need to post about my trip to Cairo (the same day the violent rioting began) and my four days in Dubai. I need to post at least two more photo assignments. I need to wrap-up my life here in the Middle East before I can turn my attentions to home, and imminent marriage.

So much to do, so little time.

Still, I'll have at least three, full days in Kuwait on the way out. I'm hoping to tie-up those loose ends while there.

I'm sorry I haven't done more on this blog, but like I mentioned in a previous post, that last third of a contract can be pretty brutal. Once the end is in sight, you tend to put on blinders to everything else.

Please be patient with me. I'll do my best to entertain you for a couple more weeks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment