Sunday, July 11, 2010

CALIENTE!!!


Today's official temperature was 122*, and that was in the SHADE! Ah yes, summer's here. :P

You have no idea what that kind of heat feels like. Closest thing would be to preheat your oven to about 500*, then open the door while standing right in front of it. It's searing.

And you know how people talk about windburn? Well, when the wind is blowing with this kind of heat, the wind does literally burn you. Unfortunately, not much getting around having to walk to work, walk to chow, walk to the gym. You just get used to it.

So, a couple of hot months ahead, then September, and VACATION. When I return the temps will have broke, and started the slide into Fall. Life is Good.

Sorry I haven't written in a while. I'll post more on my day-off. There was some excitement here a couple of weeks ago I want to tell you about.

Till then, stay cool!

2 comments:

  1. I get a little cranky in that kind of heat. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lynnie...I'm as cool as they come. :)

    ReplyDelete